Fall is finally upon us! We are steadily on our way to cooler temps and all things fall (and winter if you’re looking that far ahead!). And with all things fall comes thinking and getting ready for fire safety and prevention.
Fire Prevention Week
October is widely referred to as “Fire and Safety Month” in the HVAC and BAS worlds. It’s the yearly reminder to go over your customers’ checklists when it comes to their systems and make sure that nothing HVAC/BAS related has the potential to become a fire hazard. In 2022, it’s happening from October 9th-October 15th.
Fire Prevention Tips
So what does this mean for HVAC/BAS systems? To start, it means ensuring that your customers’ systems are in compliance with National Fire Protection Agency Codes NFPA 105 & 80. These codes will have your customers covered when it comes to fire and smoke systems, dampers, and ensuring that they are up to date and fully functioning. It also means doing some other annual checks as well! We’ve put together a quick checklist to review with your customers below.
Fire Prevention Checklist
- Check for leaks
- Ensure clear, unobstructed ducts
- Ensure all lines are connected and that there is no damage
- Keep the HVAC system and its components clean and clear from obstructions
- Make sure that all sensors and alert systems, especially emergency stop systems, are in working order and functioning as intended
And practicing the 3Ms of HVAC will help your customers keep up with anything that could lead to a fire or some other disaster:
- Maintenance: do regular work to maintain the system
- Management: manage the different aspects of the system to ensure peak performance
- Monitoring: monitor the system and its many sensors and applications so that it is running effectively and efficiently
Kele is here to help you, best help your customer. Check out some of our favorite fire safety products below or shop our in-stock inventory of three million parts on kele.com today. Need additional help? Call and speak with one of our technical experts.